As a Member of How To Get A Legal Job®, you’ll receive:
Member Benefit #1:
The Entire How To Get A Legal Job® Book Series, As They’re Released
A groundbreaking series written by Shauna C. Bryce, Esq. to assist current and graduating law school students and junior lawyers. What makes this series different—and what has earned it acclaim from attorneys and career professionals—is how the series was developed and created. How To Get A Legal Job® series isn’t just Shauna’s advice; it’s thoroughly researched advice from the very people who will review resumes, interview, and make hiring decisions.
This unprecedented and unparalleled series has 4-acclaimed volumes, with more updates planned!
- How To Get A Legal Job: A Guide For New Attorneys And Law School Students: A one-of-a-kind resource endorsed by hiring attorneys across sectors. The Guide explains the process of legal hiring, as well as the reasons behind it, so that you’re better equipped to face down the challenge of landing a legal job. With tons of “from the trenches” stories and advice, get in the inside scoop on: the job search; resumes and other career documents; interviewing and professional presentation; and employment offers and planning for the future.
- How To Get A Legal Job: A Guide For New Attorneys And Law School Students—Outtakes!: All the raw and politically incorrect—but honest—quotes and lessons from hiring attorneys that couldn’t fit into the original guide. Outtakes! is more than just quotes, however. The quotes are grouped by topic, and created for you a set of common themes or takeaways.
- Networking Cards For Lawyers And Law Students: How A 30-Minute Investment Can Teach You To Market Yourself And Network Like A Pro (2d Edition): Learn about powerful tools to help law school students self-market, identify their unique value proposition, and network in-person. This concise resource explains the theory behind effective networking cards and gives you step-by-step instructions to implement that theory in real life situations.
- Reference Checks, Reference Pages, And Letters Of Recommendation For Lawyers And Law Students: Step In Front Of The Pack And Win Job Offers: Understand how and why employers ask for your references so that you can prepare for the reference check and ensure your references can help you move from job interview to job offer.
- Writing Samples For Lawyers And Law Students: Proving Your Research, Analysis, And Advocacy Skills: Learn how choose a top-notch writing sample, prepare your sample, and create a contextual covers for it.
In addition to the entire How To Get A Legal Job® book series, you’ll receive
Member Benefit #2:
Step-By-Step Tutorial Programs Prepared By Shauna
Each program has a clearly stated mission to teach you a critical skill, a goal for each day, and a step-by-step guide for achieving that day’s goal. As a member, you can work your way through our 50+ individual training lessons, or focus on the ones most important to you.
- Master LinkedIn In 10 Minutes A Day Program: Daily lessons, each with a specific objective to get you up and running with minimal effort. Do them all, or just focus on the ones you need most.
- Get Started On Facebook: The Basics Of Your Profile, Network, And Job Search: Programs to build your job search network, research prospective employers, and connect.
- Getting What You’re Worth: Salary And Raise Negotiation: Multistep primers to increase initial salary offers and get a raise so that you can make more money, both now and in the future.
Member Benefit #3:
Market Intel Curated And Explained By Shauna
All your market research in one place. From job opportunities available near you, to links to and evaluation of corporate intelligence on law firms and companies.
- Job Openings: Search our How To Get A Legal Job® job board for opportunities, and learn some of the best ways to incorporate a job board into your job search and career development.
- Surveys, Rankings & Lists: A guide to the legal industry’s most important rankings, along with explanations of why those rankings should matter to you. We’re updating these pages right now!
Member Benefit #4:
Motivation & Personalized Advice From Shauna To You
Where can you go to ask your critical career questions? Where can you receive frank answers? As a member, you don’t have to go it alone. When you need assistance applying theory to your goals and challenges, How To Get A Legal Job® is there to help.
- Ask The Hiring Attorney®: Expert job search and career advice column featuring real world questions and challenges of lawyers and law students.
- Weekly Newsletter: Only have a few minutes a day and don’t know where to start? Our weekly newsletter will help you get moving with any (or all!) of 10 categories of strategies, solutions, and motivational thoughts. These are action plans you can execute during your lunch hour, or any time!
- One-On-One Coaching With Shauna: As a member of How To Get A Legal Job®, you can book strategic coaching with Shauna at 25% off her regular Bryce Legal Career Counsel rate. *Subject to availability.